Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to work!

Truth be told, I did get a lot of knitting and planning done over the holidays, but not a lot of documenting. Plus the internet has been fickle, only letting us on for a while at (very) odd hours. So, no pictures, no blog. But lots or fun, and lots of rest.

It was great spending big chunks of time with Kevin and the kids. It's quite rare for everyone to be home at the same time any more. Over break, we all went to Solabration and danced, all went to the movies, all went to Christmas Eve dinner with Kevin's parents. We even hung around the house all day more than once. I must say that the kids are shaping up to be very interesting human beings. It was nice to have the time to talk with them at length about what they're up to, what they're thinking about. Now that the girls are in high school, it doesn't happen much.

Kevin has another few days before he goes back to work, so I'll have him all to myself, at least in the daytime. When we're all running around doing stuff, sometimes I forget how much I enjoy his company. Since he's been working less, and been off work for 3 weeks, he is much more rested and relaxed. I am too.

This week I'd like to finish weaving the silk noil shibori warp and wind a warp for the towel exchange that's coming up. I'd like to block a few things that I finished in December, but that may not happen until next week. I do need to cast on some lace for a show I'd like to enter at the end of the month, a Niebling design called Veronika. If I have time before the deadline, I'll do a smaller one as well.

Our new front door has a lovely, large window in it that's just begging for a lace curtain. I do need to dig out the linen yarn I put in the shed to make room for the Christmas tree and see what kind of pattern to use for the design. It's supposed to get very cold and snow again in the next few days, so I guess the trip to the shed is a "today" thing.

Back soon, with pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment