Monday, March 15, 2010

Fruitful weekend

No photos today, but progress!

* Finished the first of 2 socks for Finn, the other one only needs ribbing.

* Knitted Poul Erik from Kunststrik 2 over the weekend, a 40 round little gem that will get blocked tonight.

* Wove off the magical silk noil warp that I was beginning to believe was getting longer the more I wove. It did actually have an end, after all.

* Counted heddles as I moved them around for my next warp. I'll need 600 for the towels that are due April 5th. I have: (drum roll, please)
  607!    

which means I don't have to drop $20 on another hundred heddles (yet).

I've been kicking around the idea of weaving a warp per month this year, but I'm still undecided. I had been weaving for an hour every weekday for quite a while, but for the past year or so that just doesn't happen. Goals rally do help me get things done, but I don't want to wind up feeling oppressed be deadlines.

For this week, I'd like to finish Finn's other sock, make it through chart 4 of the butterfly scarf, wind the towel warp, and dress the loom. If I get the silk noil gathering threads pulled, that'll be extra credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment