Saturday, March 13, 2010

Noro Zig Zig Scarf

I bought a lovely skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn at Mew Mews a few weeks ago to make another zig zag scarf, this time a little more grown-up looking. I even figured out how to make it totally reversible, and using a continuous strand instead of breaking off and joining on every 2 blocks. I really dislike weaving in ends, especially if there's not a wrong side to hide them on.



I really like the color changes and the way it feels so far, but I decided to rip it out and try to knit it with built-in I-cord edging. I think that would be a fabulous edge treatment, and if I knit it as I go I won't have to worry about having enough yarn left to do applied I-cord at the end. I can always do that if the built-in I-cord gives me a headache. I think I'll be ok, though, if I sketch it out ahead of time and take really good notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment