Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mohair Baby Blanket

This is my new project for community knitting at Mew Mews Yarn Shop. There were 6 skeins of Phentex Mohair in the donation bin that wanted to be a baby blanket. I heard them loud and clear, you'll just have to trust me on that. ;)
I dug out Knitting Lace by Susanna Lewis and chose pattern 4 for the main part of the blanket. This one will take me a while, but I like knitting this lace pattern so that won't be a problem. It has a nice rhythm to it.

If I have enough of this yarn left, I'll do the lace border in mohair, but I may have to choose something else. We'll see how it all turns out.

The Holes and Knots show opened today at TACtile Textile Arts Center. It's all lace! I was in heaven. Any kind of lace you can think of was there, and maybe a few you had not yet considered. I have some knitted lace in the show. I think there was only 1 other knitter. Anyway, if you're in the area between now and March 20th it's worth a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment