Saturday, March 12, 2011

Celery Green

The spinning jag continues.....
 This is the green wool/silk batt I'm spinning to go with the pink wool/silk I finished last week. I already decided to spin a little yellow for the flower centers, that's all done and I can start on the rose motifs while I spin the leaves.

I finished up the sample wool on the blue spindle and found this hand dyed longwool in a bin I haven't looked through for a while. It's mostly blue and purple with little bits of greenish blue. That's been my jacket pocket carry-around spinning since last weekend. I have no idea what I'll do with this once it's spun, but it might make a nice lace piece. It's got a lovely sheen and a bit of a halo, so maybe a cowl? Don't know, and I'll have plenty of time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment