Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Warp of the Month Club

A week or two ago, while looking at my 4 shaft loom with lovely alpaca yarn all warped up and unwoven since September (I think, not sure anymore), I realized I need some weaving motivation. Since joining a self-imposed sock club on Ravelry, I have knitted 4 socks in 4 months and traded encouragement with other folks who have similar goals. I checked the forums to make sure there wasn't one already and started the Warp of the Month Club on Ravelry. In the last week, more than 70 people have signed up and I wove off my sad, lonely warp before the end of the month. Yay!
 It was supposed to be a scarf (or 2, can't remember that either), but I ran out of the dark color partway through. Chose a slightly lighter one, changed to a different color and weave pattern because the color change was going to show anyway. Ran out of the light color later on, so I finished the warp with stripes. Definitely not a scarf, but nice fabric that'll all go together. After I wet finish it I'll start to think what it should be.

Anyway, if you'd like to commit to weaving off a warp of any length, on any weaving equipment (or using an off-loom technique), come on over and join us. Choose your own projects, make your own rules, and weave more. You have nothing to loose but your stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment