Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Second Sleeve, Second Sock, Second Rug

I'm still working on the January Aran, started the second sleeve last week but haven't worked on it much. The February project from the Almanac will be the double knit baby bag. I've had my eye on that one for a while. I spent the weekend working on the first February sock. That one's done, and I'm almost to the heel on the second sock. I just may finish in February! It's been a while since I finished a pair in the proper month.

It was a glorious February day yesterday, calm and sunny, not too cold to weave on the porch in a wool sweater. I wove a second denim rag rug, maroon and indigo, before the sun got too low and my fingers started to freeze. I need to cut another pair of jeans into strips to have enough for the next rug, more indigo I think, as there some maroon left in the strip box and I don't want it to bee too busy. Snow this afternoon, I hear, so maybe I'll get those strips cut today and wait for another sunny afternoon to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment