Friday, February 3, 2012

Spread a Little Love

Cheryl Andrews of Wooly Bear Hand Knits has just put out a pattern for Valentine's Day, Spread a Little Love. She's donating all her profits from this pattern this month to Heifer International . I hunkered down with my scrap basket this afternoon and knitted four of them.


Clockwise from top left:
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (black Lamb’s Pride on size 3 needles),
Prom Queen (pink rayon weaving yarn on size 0 needles),
Pumpkin Pie (orange two-strand yarn on size 3’s),
Sunshine of Your Love (yellow worsted weight wool on size 3 needles).

Pumpkin Pie is a bit different, as I figured out partway through I did not have nearly enough yarn to knit the whole pattern, so I improvised.

Since it was snowing, I popped in a Doctor Who dvd and knitted one per episode. They were a nice break from the larger projects I've been working on lately, a little instant gratification to keep me going. May knit more tonight, one never knows. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment