Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Funny and Fancy

Inspired by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, I decided to do my own self-imposed sock club. I spent much of the past week finding all my sock yarn and interesting patterns to go with them. I have not counted, but I'm confident that there's more than 2 years' worth bagged up on the bookshelf. Shameful amount of sock yarn, I know, but it kind of snuck up on me, 2 balls at a time. You know how it goes.


The first one I picked is Funny and Fancy from Think Outside the Sox. I haven't done much intarsia because I tend to find it irritating, but these sock intrigue me. Starting out with 10 yarn balls tried my patience, but once there were a few rows it was easier to manage all those yarn balls and I could see the payoff.



I knitted the first crossing this afternoon. Could it be love?

No comments:

Post a Comment